Sales Representative Contact Us For More Information
Itching to Join an Entrepreneurial, Successful Business and Be a Sales Superstar?
Imagine being the sales lead in a manufacturing company which is poised for growth, and you make it happen through your relentless prospecting and account development activity. You double, and triple the business over the next few years, working with a team of technical experts who come to work each day proud of what they do and the difference they make. You are rewarded both financially and personally for your efforts.
WeldComputer is a manufacturer of welding control and monitoring systems located in Troy, NY with a global customer base. Our products are changing the way in which resistance welding is controlled and monitored. We have earned a great reputation, and now is the time to bring in a sales representative who will help us bring our product to manufacturers of metal products and parts. That is where you come in.
If you enjoy being part of a team, and prefer an Entrepreneurial, small manufacturing environment where you will be a major contributor then consider joining us.
The Sales Representative is engaged in prospecting, qualifying, disqualifying, and presenting welding control and monitoring solutions to manufacturers of metal parts and products requiring resistance welding. This usually consists of uncovering needs of the manufacturing plant owners, plant managers, welding engineers, and production workers who produce products requiring very high quality resistance welding. Manufacturing industries include Aerospace, HVAC, Rail and Chain Link all of which are industries where WeldComputer has had success.
While our company sells globally, the Sales Representative will work primarily with US-based companies to start. The focus shall be on identifying companies who conduct resistance welding and are struggling with material waste, cost of reproduction due to quality issues, production speed issues, and customer complaints. He/She will be responsible for direct demand creation through prospecting activities of cold calling, networking, social media, and responding to leads and RFPs.
The Sales Representative has and prefers to work in a business setting of a small technical company poised for growth. He/She wants to be an integral part of the team and contribute to our future growth. Experience selling capital equipment and or technical products in a manufacturing environment is ideal.
The successful Sales Representative will be a hunter versus a farmer and have a history of successfully securing new clients in a “long” sales cycle environment (6-12 months). He/She is used to selling products and solutions which range from $30,000 – $100,000. He/She will finish the first twelve months with a minimum of five control systems sold and a qualified pipeline going into the next year to support generation of 20 systems in the second year.
Key Performance Indicators
The best Sales Representatives are good at dealing with rejection and are able to manage their time, which are evident by their daily activities. They are able to effectively question and uncover need and are able to walk away from unqualified prospects and move on to real opportunities.
Successful Sales Representatives are able to apply their knowledge of electrical/engineering work, and possess very good reasoning skills. They will be eager to learn the resistance welding industry and the use of technology to address a customer’s problem.
When they present their solution, they focus on the customer problem versus the features and benefits of the product or service. They have great personal presence and the discipline to follow a repeatable process with a history of consistent and reliable pipelines.
Customers freely share their satisfaction with the level of support and follow-through they received from the successful candidate. The Sales Representative is comfortable selling complex products to technical people.
Characteristics of the successful Sales Representative include high ambition and drive, integrity, and being a strong team collaborator. He/She is a self-starter and problem solver.
The Sales Representative is comfortable selling to technical people and to business owners/leaders. He/She has a strong desire to earn $65,000+ with performance based compensation in the first year, and six figures in the future. He/She has a history of exceeding quotas and achieving bonuses.
Description of Job Functions
- Develop a written prospecting and sales plan that will result in achieving their first year goals and the development of a healthy pipeline. A suitable prospecting plan typically includes cold and warm phone calls, letters, email, LinkedIn, mailings, trade shows, networking, industry group meetings, referrals, and circle of influence.
- Daily prospecting for manufacturing businesses that fit the criteria of manufacturing metal parts and products which require a resistance weld.
- Understand what a good fit customer looks like.
- Manage the sales process from prospecting through close, with a clear understanding of where they are in the process and a clear next step.
- Cold call prospective clients on a daily basis and set discovery appointments, which are primarily by phone as a first step.
- Pre-qualify prospects according to WeldComputer plan, budget, and decision-making process.
- Schedule technical qualification calls with a WeldComputer expert for those prospects who meet qualification criteria.
- Take the lead and develop written proposals, working with the engineer as part of the process.
- Present products and services to qualified clients through product demonstrations and evaluations.
- Once a sale is made, manage the customer relationship and satisfaction level throughout the implementation startup process.
- Conduct customer training of how to utilize the system, and how to apply to the customer
- Cultivate wide and long-term relationships with customers and identify future selling opportunities.
- Develop written account plans for expanding key accounts.
- Represent WeldComputer products and services effectively and professionally at conferences and trade shows attended by the target market.
- Build, maintain, and document all sales activities in ACT CRM software and utilize a daily/weekly “cookbook” of selling activities.
- Prepare for and participate in business development team status meetings.
- Participate in educational meetings on product development, updates, and offering.
- Contribute and collaborate with marketing to improve sales and training materials presentations, communication and outreach priorities.
- Develop own presentations and correspondence.
- Consistently meet productivity metrics mutually agreed upon with management team.
- Day and multi-day travel to prospect facilities to conduct on site evaluation for qualified prospects. Travel will be 25-50% of the time, with the focus on the US.
- Optional healthcare and dental coverage with company contribution and opportunity to participate in a 401K plan also with company contribution.
Experience and Education
- A background in engineering or a technical field. Experience on a manufacturing floor or as an electrician is a plus.
- Sales experience where demand creation was a large part of the role in a technical or capital equipment environment.
- Good math and reasoning skills.
- Basic knowledge of physics.
- Good computer skills and MS-Office knowledge.
- Have a history of following through on complex projects from start to completion.
- Worked in an entrepreneurial business environment, or small business in which self-sufficiency was an attribute.
WeldComputer Corporation manufactures a broad line of welding controls and monitors for commercial, military and aerospace resistance welding applications. WeldComputer® controls and monitors work with spot, projection, seam, flash, butt, stud and capacitive discharge welding equipment to improve weld quality, increase weld consistency and throughput, reduce scrap, and improve worker safety, helping to reduce costs and improve quality assurance beyond what can be achieved with conventional equipment. WeldComputer® adaptive controls have been granted military approval to eliminate destructive testing.