Flash and Butt Welding Controls & Monitors
Adaptive Control Regulates Consistency of Flash Weld Process While Reducing Power Consumption
Flash welders can cause flicker and unacceptably severe demand on the factory power line.
- Control: in many applications, replacing the existing flash welder control with a WeldComputer® control has been demonstrated to reduce flicker on the power grid to acceptable levels.
- Adding adaptive features to the flash welding process further reduces current demand on the power line, while improving the flashing capability and flashing consistency of the machine, which increases upset consistency and the consistency of the welded product.
Join WeldComputer® at FABTECH to Learn more about Flash Welding:
Butt welding operations using conventional controls are faced with:
- variations from lack of coordination of the heat control with the action of pressing the part together
- inability to compensate for the variable surface conditions of the contacting parts being welded
- inability to compensate for upset variations
- Adaptive features accurately synchronize the application of heat with the contacting parts, and automatically adjusts the heat to compensate for part variations. All of this is done while upsetting is in progress, to improve the upset consistency. The result is increased reliability of the welded result and reduced rejected parts.