WeldComputer® adaptive controls are used in the most critical military and defense applications for the Army, Navy, Air Force, NASA, National Laboratories, and the National Nuclear Security Administration.
- WeldComputer is the only controls company represented on the D17 committee that writes the military specification for the industry.*
- Applications that rely on WeldComputer® technology include:
- Antenna array on Patriot Missile
- Other missile system components
- Military jet engines
- Recouperator on engine to M1 tank
- Heat shielding on engine of space shuttle
- Aluminum spot welding on fighter planes
- Several provisions have been written in the most recent release of the D17 (Military) Specification for Aerospace Welding to allow manufacturers to take fuller advantage of adaptive control technology.
- Military approvals for defense contractors using WeldComputer® adaptive controls to eliminate destructive testing date back more than 20 years.
- A major aerospace defense manufacturer welding aluminum with a WeldComputer® adaptive control demonstrated a reliability exceeding 99.9999 percent.
Learn more about how to use clauses in the D17.2 MIL-SPEC to eliminate destructive testing.Download the Presentation
Read about how a defense contractor was able to eliminate porosity and cracks in its aluminum spot welds needed for MIL-SPEC compliance.Get the PDF
Let us help you replace costly destructive testing
U.S. military approvals to use WeldComputer® adaptive controls as a replacement for periodic destructive testing under MIL-W-6858D date back to 1988. Read the article here.
WeldComputer’s representation on the AWS D17 Committee has been instrumental in writing revisions into the MIL-SPEC. This allows manufacturers to more fully take advantage of advanced adaptive control and weld monitoring techniques to reduce the cost and time required to maintain compliance with the MIL-SPEC.
*For a copy of the latest AWS D17 Standards, Specification for Resistance Welding for Aerospace Applications, contact email@example.com