See the most advanced adaptive control for robotic spot welding at FABTECH.
Developed by Obara USA & WeldComputer, this new solution enables bullet-proof quality in high-volume robotic spot welding by preventing defect welds from being created in the first place.
Integrating proprietary sensor technologies into the manufactured welding gun itself, the collaboration features:
Obara’s lightweight, compact X2C welding gun system, with symmetrical, standard body for all gun types and arm designs, and high-performance in-line actuator
WeldComputer® Adaptive Control, with patented composite sensor processing, incorporating frame deflection monitoring of robotic welding guns to accurately control spot formation
Get a Demo at FABTECH 2019!
The Technology Leader in Resistance Welding
What we do.
WeldComputer develops cutting-edge technology to improve clients’ resistance welding performance and ROI by:
- Ensuring the quality of every single weld produced
- Reducing or eliminating the need for destructive testing*
- Increasing operational productivity, speed, efficiency, and throughput
- Reducing downtime from equipment failure and maintenance labor
- Decreasing costs by protecting tooling and minimizing consumables
* WeldComputer best equips welding operations to meet D17.2 MIL-SPEC requirements for eliminating destructive testing.
How we do it.
WeldComputer® Adaptive Control’s multi-variate decision engine makes hundreds of decisions every millisecond to prevent bad welds from being created in the first place by:
- Recognizing when process variability exists
- Identifying the underlying condition(s) responsible
- Instantly taking corrective action, as the weld is being made
- Notifying the operator, pausing production, and flagging instances where correction is impossible
What makes WeldComputer different?
More variables. Tighter control. Better results.
- We use proprietary algorithms to monitor and adapt to more critical variables than any other commercially available control to provide unequaled regulation of weld size and quality
Flexibility. By design.
- WeldComputer® products work with any transformer, any type of resistance welding machine, and support any type of control strategy
Data capture & traceability.
- No other system provides more comprehensive data collection to provide documented proof of what occurred during every weld – for audit trails, part tracking, and process improvement
Keeping your people, parts, and processes safe.
- WeldComputer’s innovative monitoring algorithms and welding machine integrations combine to enable the most robust safety requirements and protect your most valuable assets
The company we keep.
- WeldComputer is proud of our customer list, sole-source contracts, and preferred-partner status with scores of the world’s leading suppliers, manufacturers, and OEMs
Can’t wait until November?