Thank you for your interest in our presentation on “Taking advantage of clauses in the D17.2 MIL-SPEC for Resistance Welding to eliminate destructive testing, improve weld quality, and reduce machine maintenance requirements.”
Someone from our staff will contact you soon to make arrangements.
The D17D Committee, which is responsible for writing and supporting the AWS D17.2 Specification for Resistance Welding for Aerospace Applications, requested us to present to the entire Committee what they needed to know to understand how to apply the technological solutions available today to:
- Eliminate destructive production lot testing
- Minimize part damage when a serious problem occurs with the material or machine setup
- Reduce dependence on manual micro-ohm testing
- Eliminate periodical machine maintenance and instead only do maintenance when needed
- Reduce weld size variations caused from shunting due to fixtures, part geometry, and from electrode contact area variations
- Correct for part fit-up problems and surface resistance variations.
The presentation focused on how job shops welding to AWS D17.2 are applying paragraphs 4.2.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 5.1.4, 5.1.5, and 5.2.3 to address the above items to:
- Increase the quality assurance of the process,
- Increase production throughput, and
- Reduce labor and material costs.
We’re sending you the actual PowerPoint that was used in this presentation. Note, however, the feedback we received is that these supporting notes alone are not enough to move forward on your own. You need to receive the presentation from the same expert who presented to the committee. I will reach out shortly to find out if you do have interest in applying the above referenced clauses to your D17.2 welding operation, to achieve the benefits described. If so, we can schedule a mutually convenient time for you to have an interactive conference with the top expert in this field. This will give you a unique opportunity to review your specific situation and work out a roadmap to achieve the objectives that are most important for your welding operation. If you need an immediate response, please contact me directly at 518-283-2897.